LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Black Butler (vol. 6) by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 06  - Yana Toboso

I think this is the start of the Circus Arc.

Toboso's art is pretty, and I enjoyed the humor in this volume. Sebastian, charmed by a tiger! Sebastian and William T. Spears, forced to be roomies!

Out of Sebastian and Ciel, only Sebastian has the natural ability necessary to become a member of the circus. However, since Ciel needs to join as well, Sebastian gives him a little bit of help...which is bit suspicious when Ciel turns out to be nowhere near as good later on. And then there's the whole issue of trying to adjust to rougher circus life. Ciel isn't really cut out for pretending to be a commoner.

I enjoy the little “if Black Butler characters starred in other types of manga” extra that's on the inside back cover of every volume. This one has Black Golfer.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)