LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Mystic Marriage
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Black Butler (vol. 11) by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11) - Yana Toboso

Sebastian's recounting of his parts in the murders that took place in the previous volumes was absolutely hilarious. I suspected some of what was going on, but I guess I forgot that Sebastian could do impossible things, because there was lots of other stuff I didn't even guess at. That man (er, demon) is amazing. I honestly don't know whether Ciel's servants are really as dumb as they appear of if they're just so grateful for what Ciel and Sebastian have done for them that they don't care about all the incredibly bizarre stuff that happens around the Phantomhive household. One last thing: Sebastian didn't have a part in Tanaka's sudden display of martial arts skills. Which means Tanaka really can kick butt when he wants to. Wow.

This volume not only explained away the questions I had about the murders, it also explained why the Queen's secretarial officers were involved in the first place. I appreciated that, although the explanations (for everything, including the murders) were sometimes a little hard to follow.

While part of me is looking forward to seeing how the addition of

Snake to the cast goes, part of me is a bit shocked at Ciel's gutsy move. If Snake ever finds out what really happened to his friends, Ciel is toast unless Sebastian can save him.

(show spoiler)

Inside back cover extra: Black Gourmet.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)