LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
Progress: 75/154 pages
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 20/187 pages
SPOILER ALERT!

Black Butler (vol. 12) by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 12 - Yana Toboso

There was so much about this volume that I loved.

Grelle is back! And I love Ronald's long-suffering behavior while he's with him. I can imagine that being assigned to work with Grelle would be...exhausting. To say the least. The Titanic-ish situation they found themselves in gave Grelle a chance to reenact the King of the World scene with Ronald (although Grelle would have preferred Sebastian). Never mind that the movie was filmed long after the time period when this series is supposed to be taking place.

Anyway, the other wonderful thing: Elizabeth. OMG, Elizabeth! I did not know she was so awesome. She's always been Ciel's annoying and naive fiancee, not good for much besides humor and reminding Ciel that life isn't all about dealing with scumbags for the Queen. I wasn't expecting Elizabeth and her entire family to be able to expertly fight off zombie hordes. Now I'm hoping for another season of the anime and for the writers to figure out how to fit sword-fighting Elizabeth in, because that would be amazing.

Inside back cover extra: Black Idol.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)