LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Who?
Progress: 448/553 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Simple Touch, don't make me return you

I'm not happy with my Simple Touch at the moment. Since yesterday, I've been having problems with the touchscreen freezing during operation. Turning the device off and on again helps, but it freezes up only minutes later. I'm currently trying to update the software in the hope that will help (the Barnes & Noble website gives no information about what the update actually does), but getting the device to recognize the update turned out to be more of a challenge than I expected, because of that whole freezing touchscreen issue. It took a couple tries, but I finally got it to start installing the update. I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes okay.

M.C.A. Hogarth's Rose Point is turning out to be really good, possibly the best of her works I've read so far. So of course my Simple Touch hasn't let me read more than a few pages this morning.

ETA, an hour later: It took more than half an hour for the installation to finish, and it froze at the end, so I'm not entirely sure if everything went well. I was able to read a few pages just now, so that's a good sign. I guess?