LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

A Rational Arrangement
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Winter Break!

A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) - Madeleine L'Engle Ultraviolet  - R.J. Anderson Attack on Titan, Volume 1 - Hajime Isayama Dead City - James Ponti The Demolished Man - Alfred Bester Mindline (The Dreamhealers) - M.C.A. Hogarth

One of the benefits of working for a university library is getting to have Winter Break off. I have, of course, lined up a bunch of books to read.

A Wrinkle in Time (Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet) - Madeleine L'Engle - This is one of those classics I avoided when I was younger, simply because everyone told me I should read it. It's been on my TBR list for a while, and I'd like to at least give it a shot.

Ultraviolet - R. J. Anderson - I'm primarily reading this one so that I can read its sequel, Quicksilver, which I have been told features an asexual heroine and asexual romance. I'm already halfway through Ultraviolet and am mostly enjoying it. It has a heroine who's a synesthete.

Attack on Titan 1 - Hajime Isayama - I'd much prefer finishing this series in anime form, but who knows if that's ever going to be possible. I wish the manga artwork weren't so terrible. I hope Isayama's skills improve as the series progresses.

Dead City - James Ponti - I cataloged this for my library and loved the cover artwork. Other than that, I don't know much about this one.

The Demolished Man - Alfred Bester - All I know about Alfred Bester was that one of the characters in Babylon 5 was named after him. Reviews I've read indicate that there's a good chance I may not like this book, but I still want to give it a shot.

Mindline (The Dreamhealers) - M.C.A. Hogarth - I haven't bought it yet, because I'm still deciding what else to add to my Smashwords shopping cart, but OMG it's out! Hurray! I'm a little shocked at how quickly Hogarth wrote and published it, though.