LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

A nice surprise

I won a BookLikes giveaway! The one and only giveaway I've entered so far! It's for Bishop's Isle: The Complete Collection by Luke Shephard. It sounds like it might be a zombie thriller - I'm looking forward to it.

This surprise had excellent timing, too. I just came home from a trip to my town's biggest bookstore, which is actually one of those entertainment stores that sells movies, music, and books. While there, I overheard snippets of two separate conversations in which people were saying "I don't like to read." And there I was, walking around with a handful of books.

Although I work at a library, I only know a few people who read for pleasure and don't mind saying so. That's why I'm grateful that online book/reading communities exist. The daily reminder that there are lots of people out there who still enjoy reading is really, really nice.