LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Reading progress update: I've read 292 out of 292 pages.

Mindline (The Dreamhealers) - M.C.A. Hogarth

I dragged out the last few pages for as long as I could stand, but now I'm done. I love these characters so much that I've ordered a print copy of Mindtouch, so that I can reread my favorite parts more easily (one of the areas where e-books have yet to win me over). I'll probably do the same with Mindline once a print version is available.

And yet, I was right, I'm not really sure what my final rating should be. As with the first book, the story structure is...odd. Two thirds of the book was a medical mystery of sorts, featuring an epidemic of comatose patients. The last third was more like Mindtouch, quieter. I felt like I'd stumbled out of one story and into another.

I'm contemplating writing some sort of series-level review, so that I can address some of the issues I have with the Pelted Universe books as a whole. Strangely, although I love most of the individual books/stories, I feel the series as a whole is lacking.