LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Mystic Marriage
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

This one actually works

I haven't posted anything about my replacement Nook Simple Touch, because it's working the way it should. Hurray! Today it needed its first recharge, which means it lasted almost 3 weeks on one charge. Granted, I didn't read everyday, but I'm still happy. I had missed the longer battery life of e-ink readers.

As far as note-taking goes, it's less annoying than my Nook 1st Edition, but nowhere near as nice as taking notes on my tablet in Moon+ Reader (a notes page with highlighted portions and notes listed in full!). I can live with that, though.

One thing I was kind of surprised about: I'm totally comfortable not using the page-turn buttons at all. My tablet was my first touchscreen device, and I guess it trained me to be okay with touching my reading screen. Which is a good thing, because the Simple Touch's page-turn buttons are annoying.

Another thing I was surprised about: I would prefer it if reading progress was recorded in percentages rather than page numbers. Which is odd, since I used to feel the opposite way. But not every device or app defines a "page" the same way, so percentages work as a more universal way of citing something. Another thing my tablet taught me.