LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Used Book Shopping Trip: The Highlights

ElfQuest: The Searcher and the Sword - Wendy Pini, Richard Pini The Day of Revolution, Volume 01 - Mikiyo Tsuda The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Nagaru Tanigawa The Earl and The Fairy, Vol. 01 - Mizue Tani, Ayuko Princess Prince - Tomoko Taniguchi

Every time I have a doctor's appointment scheduled in the Big City, I go used bookstore shopping afterwards as a reward. It doesn't matter that I already have more books than can fit in my bookshelves. I just like getting more. I at least try to offload more books than I bring back.

I figured I'd put together a "highlights" post with a list of the things I found that most excited me.

Elfquest: The Searcher and the Sword - 'Wendy Pini', 'Richard Pini' - Okay, so I would have preferred a color copy of one of the original series volumes, but finding any Elfquest at all is a plus.

The Day Of Revolution Volume 1 (v. 1) - Mikiyo Tsuda - Mikiyo Tsuda/Taishi Zaou's stuff is my guilty pleasure. The store only had the first volume, but I'm still excited. I've never read this series before, although I at least have some idea what it's about.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Nagaru Tanigawa - I probably shouldn't be excited about this, because my light novel finds have rarely worked out well for me. I don't know if it's something to do with the translations or what. At any rate, it was a stroke of luck that I found this, since no one at the store can make up their minds about where to stick light novels. This one was in the young adult section.

The Earl & the Fairy, Vol. 1 - Ayuko - I didn't just find the first volume, I found the entire four-volume set. Yay! I liked the anime, although it tried to cram too much into too few episodes. It wouldn't surprise me if the manga series has the same failing, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Princess Prince - Tomoko Taniguchi - I added it to this list because it made my cat excited. I found her flat on her back next to the book, trying to floss her teeth with the front cover. Bad kitty.