LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Peter Darling
Rowyn Ashby
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Reading progress update: I've read 30 out of 230 pages.

Remember Me  - Christopher Pike

I was going to put this off for a while and work at getting through more of Kei's Gift but, considering my reading speed lately, decided that was unwise.

I loved this book when I was a teen. It was my all-time favorite by Christopher Pike, whose works I devoured. I'm rereading it for the first time since then, and it's almost like reading it for the first time, because I barely remember any of it. The only thing I remembered right from the start was that it was narrated by the ghost of a dead girl.

Some things:

- Shari's brother, Jimmy, has diabetes. A big deal is made of this, which, in addition to a few other things, makes the story feel dated.

- Shari notices her brother's muscular body a little too much for my comfort.

- I really don't like most of these characters, but boy can they pack in the drama. I may need to draw some kind of chart. There's Shari, who's jealous of Amanda's hold on her brother and who thinks Beth may be trying to steal Dan, her boyfriend. Shari almost had sex with Dan a while back, but it turned out embarrassingly badly for Dan. Shari told Jo, her best friend, about it, but Dan doesn't know that Jo knows (except he does now!). Meanwhile, Beth is dating Jeff, the guy Jo is interested in. Whee!