LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Smashwords "Read an Ebook Week" sale, March 2-8

I found out about this via Kagama - The Literaturevixen's post. Lots and lots of stuff is available for free or 25-75% off. Last year, I downloaded TONS of free stuff. This year, I was more restrained and only picked up, um, 12 free books. Even though my e-TBR has over 500 books, novellas, and short stories in it. ::hangs head in shame::

I did some checking, trying to find works I've read that are on sale and that I'd recommend. Unfortunately, most of my favorite authors appear to not be participating in the sale. However, if you're interested in m/m fantasy, one book I can recommend is Ann Somerville's Kei's Gift. It's currently 50% off with the REW50 code. I finished it a few days ago and should have a full review up soon. In my personal grading system, it gets a B+. Pros: the main characters are wonderful, and their relationship develops slowly and believably. Cons: some aspects were a little too black-and-white for my tastes, and I'm still not entirely sure the story needed to be that long.