LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Mixed feelings

Like probably everyone else who keeps track of book reviewing news, I've heard about Anne Rice's petition. I'm tired of the idea that "bad reviews, low star ratings" = "bullying."

But here's a story about what happened to me a couple days ago. I was eating my lunch in the staff break room when one of my coworkers came up to me. She was really excited. She had just heard that her favorite author, Anne Rice, was coming out with a new vampire book. After hearing that news, she did a bit of checking, and she realized that Rice had come out with several other vampire books she'd never read.

This coworker of mine is not a reader. She now says she wants to get back into doing it. I don't know if Rice's books are all she'll manage to get through, but, even if that's the case, it was still really nice to hear a non-reader get that excited about an upcoming book.

I don't really know what this post is about. Mixed feelings, I guess.

I'll go back to my breakfast and my coffee now.