LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 229 out of 452 pages.

As the Crow Flies - Robin Lythgoe

"Girl chose that moment to sniffle and, gods bless her, she was crying. It was the first time she’d ever cried when it was actually convenient and useful, but it made me outrageously suspicious of her other crying jags." (226)

"Girl, I must say, played no little part in his seduction with her attitude of quiet despair and her occasional expressive looks of fragile hope. I would clearly have to pay more attention to her in the future. I might even have to consider sponsoring her career as an actress." (229)

Up until this point, Girl hasn't been very interesting. I am now hopeful that she will turn out to be a rival thief who is traveling with Crow and Tanris in the hope that they'll do all the work of finding and obtaining the dragon's egg for her, after which she'll snatch it out from under their noses.