LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Caves of Steel
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Helen S. Wright
Progress: 101/277 pages
Raynard C. Swank
Progress: 20/42 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 150 out of 182 pages.

Eighth Grade Bites  - Heather Brewer

I'm actually a little further along than this, but I wanted to make note of the point when I decided I wasn't just bored with this book, I actively disliked it. I don't know why this was my breaking point, it just was.

[A character is saying to Vlad:] "Have you noticed that history books make no mention of whose idea it was to build cities, Vlad? They theorize, yes, and place the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans at the center of their theories, but historians really don't know who came up with the designs for metropolitan areas. Not human historians, anyway."

Vlad raised an eyebrow. "Are you saying vampires invented cities?"

"Quite. What better place for a superior race to hide than at the heart of an enormous population, where buildings are always busy despite the time of day, where large numbers of people live in a relatively small area, and a dead body is discounted as just another victim?" He smiled, obviously proud of his heritage--of their heritage. "We also invented Latin, chess, and PlayStation." (150)

I should be able to finish this book tonight. Hopefully I can write my review up by sometime this weekend.