LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
Progress: 75/154 pages
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Bleh. Review writing slump

I'm now behind by five reviews. I need to get some of them done this weekend, because next weekend I'll have an exhausting day of grading spelling tests. But all I want to do is watch TV (whine whine).

I watched the Odd Thomas movie last night. I didn't even know there was one until I spotted it at my local Walmart a short while ago. I considered buying it, but then it popped up on Netflix. Now that I've seen it, I'm glad I didn't buy it. It was okay, but a bit cheesy. It was at its best when Odd and Stormy were not on screen together. Odd's dialogue wasn't always entirely believable, but Stormy's was generally awful. Plus, I recall her having an actual backstory in the book. In the movie, she was just Odd's hot soulmate, period.

And now I am watching Revolutionary Girl Utena for the very first time. Anthy disturbs me a little.