LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 4/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Book shopping

A Bride's Story 5 - Kaoru Mori The Jokka Coloring Book - M.C.A. Hogarth Nine Goblins - T. Kingfisher

I haven't ordered physical things in months, so I decided to do a little book shopping. Here's a sample of what I got tonight.

A Bride's Story 5 - Kaoru Mori  - Kaoru Mori's stuff is gorgeous. This series is very slow and therefore not for everyone, but I love it. It's being released in hardcover so it's a little more expensive, but I consider it to be worth it.

One thing I remembered as I was getting ready to order this: Yen Press publishes this series. Yen Press is Hachette's manga and graphic novel imprint, and, since Hachette and Amazon are still fighting, that would mean paying the list price for it. I could have opted to add it to my Amazon order anyway, but I decided to do a bit of checking. After shuffling this and one more item from my Amazon order to a Barnes & Noble order, I was able to pay a bit less overall. Now I get to see which arrives faster, my Amazon order or my B&N order.

The Jokka Coloring Book - M.C.A. Hogarth - This is a coloring book. For a series I haven't read yet. I think it's safe to say I've become a Hogarth fangirl. Anyway, I'm choosing to think of this as a world guide and artbook, although the art is all line drawings.

Nine Goblins - T. Kingfisher - Okay, so not everything I ordered tonight was a physical book. I found out about this via fan art, read a few pages of the excerpt, and liked it. From what I hear, one of the characters is an elf veterinarian. I'm very much looking forward to that.