LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Book shopping: Japanese novels

Good Luck, Yukikaze - Chohei Kambayashi Dragon Sword and Wind Child - Noriko Ogiwara, Cathy Hirano Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness - Yuko Shimizu, Nahoko Uehashi, Cathy Hirano

I feel like death today, and it's my own fault. On the plus side, I'll be getting some lovely book packages over the next couple weeks or so. I caved and ordered lots of English-translated Japanese novels. Quite a few of them will probably be crap, but I always hold out hope that there will be surprise gems (or at least surprise "not awful").

I've linked to some of the ones I'm hoping will be good.

Good Luck, Yukikaze - Chohei Kambayashi - The description included the words "intelligent plane." YAY.

Dragon Sword and Wind Child - Noriko Ogiwara,Cathy Hirano - YA fantasy.

Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness - Nahoko Uehashi,Cathy Hirano,Yuko Shimizu - Stars Balsa, a spear-wielding female bodyguard. Although I remember having some issues with the translation/writing in the first book, I still liked it well enough, and enjoyed getting to see the differences between it and its anime adaptation.

I went through my collection prior to setting up my order, so that I could avoid buying things I already owned. I was surprised at how much of what I owned was out of print. And people are trying to sell some of this stuff for hundreds of dollars on Amazon. It's kind of horrifying.