LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

My next Japanese novel - Any preferences?

Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata From the Empire - Sunao Yoshida, Thores Shibamoto The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Nagaru Tanigawa Chibi Vampire: The Novel, Vol. 6 - Tohru Kai, Yuna Kagesaki Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger - Hotaru Odagiri, Satoru Kannagi Cold Sleep - Narise Konohara, Nanao Saikawa, Douglas W. Dlin

I'm not really sure what I'm in the mood for, just that I want to have something going besides The Dry and The Paratwa. Also, I'm procrastinating on my Spice & Wolf review right now. Blah.

Here are the books, plus a little info and a sentence from the back covers. I'll probably start reading tomorrow evening.

1.  Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata  - Vampires and action. A novelization of an anime TV series (which I've seen).

From the back of the book: "Saya's journey of horror, magic, romance, and mystery will stretch across time and around the world, expanding on the television series with new characters, new adventures, and breathtaking action."

2. From the Empire - Sunao Yoshida,Thores Shibamoto  - Vampires, action, and, if I'm remembering the anime right, science fiction.

From the back of the book: "Packed with action, emotion, and artistry, this first volume of Rage Against the Moons contains tales of heroism, sacrifice, and retribution, as the AX agents strive to protect the innocent and keep the peace."

3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Nagaru Tanigawa  - The anime was bizarre - aliens, time travel, and reality-warping.

From the back of the book: "Haruhi holds the fate of the universe in her hands...lucky for you she doesn't know it!"

4. Chibi Vampire: The Novel, Vol. 6 - Tohru Kai,Yuna Kagesaki  - Romance and vampire fluff. Sort of. The main character is a vampire whose body produces blood when she's excited, which then comes gushing out of her nose if she can't find an unhappy person to bite and give the blood to.

From the back of the book: "When a boy named Jake turns up, claiming to be her long-lost brother, Karin's family is thrown into an uproar."

5. Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Lonely Ring Finger - Satoru Kannagi,Hotaru Odagiri  - M/M romance. I read the manga adaptation a few years ago but don't remember much about it other than that it was okay.

From the back of the book: "The ring on each boy's finger is a symbol of two hearts that beat together despite the prying eyes of classmates...and this is one couple who must weather a storm of scrutiny to discover if their love is truly meant to last."

6. Cold Sleep - Narise Konohara,Nanao Saikawa,Douglas W. Dlin  - M/M romance. I know nothing about it.The description mentions a car accident and amnesia.

From the back of the book: "Dramatic, heart-wrenching romance and tragedy combine in a gripping story where the past and present are intricately entwined."