LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Robert I. Sutton
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

It's reading time!

A Promise of Romance - Kyoko Akitsu, Tooko Miyagi Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata Paratwa - Christopher Hinz Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan  Cain

My past couple workdays were longer than usual, so that I could afford to take a four-day weekend. Which seems kind of backwards, but stuff happened and the week didn't go quite like how I had planned. Thankfully, I am now in the first day of my four-day weekend. Yay!

For the most part, I have no plans beyond relaxing and reading. I've received a lot of book packages in the past week and my TBR pile is huge, so I have plenty to choose from. Here's what I've got lined up so far:

A Promise of Romance - Kyoko Akitsu,Tooko Miyagi - I started this last night because I decided I needed something that was silly/crazy. And also short. This is a contemporary m/m romance starring a drunken English lord named Edward and a Japanese man named Satsuki who's studying to be an actor. Edward is described as "noble" and "drunk" in the same paragraph, and Satsuki has more pride than sense. The artwork inside is in a style I have nicknamed "stick insect." Just look at Satsuki's arm on the cover!

Blood+ Volume 1: First Kiss (Novel) (v. 1) - Ryo Ikehata - I wish the translation weren't so bad. It takes a little too much concentration for me to follow what's going on, sometimes. On the plus side, there have been a few details that I don't recall the anime mentioning, such as George getting paid a monthly stipend for taking care of Saya (the poor girl would be so upset if she knew).

Paratwa - Christopher Hinz - Technically, this is due tomorrow, although there's a grace period. I'm sooo behind. Either I'm not as good at plowing through print books as I am e-books anymore, or this trilogy has lost its grip on me. I need to try to read as much of this as I can today.

Quiet. The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain - So far, this is really good.