I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.
So far, so good, although Sarafina being an AI puts sometimes frustrating limitations on the story. She has control of things in the interior of the ship, but she can't move about in the interior of the ship the way a human would. And her descriptions of humans leave something to be desired.
At the moment, we have:
- one human passenger who I think might be lying to Sarafina,
- one charming and cheerful (but is it an act?) free AI and his (?) human assistant,
- a drunken captain who is unfortunately in charge of Sarafina,
- a pilot AI whose real name is Adonis but who prefers to be called Pilot,
- and a couple possible stowaways, one or both of which may be causing the power surges that keep knocking out several of Sarafina's surveillance cameras (her primary "eyes") and, in one instance, messing with her memory.