LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

No Longer Human, Volume 2
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 41 out of 410 pages.

Herb-Wife - Elizabeth McCoy

Some things:

- This is the most painful marriage preparation I've read in a while. Iathor still has no clue why Kessa agreed to marry him, and I still think he'd have worked to help her if she had told him what was going on. But she still. Doesn't. Trust. Him. OMG. It's so frustrating. If she doesn't start actually talking to him about important stuff after they're married, this is going to be the worst marriage ever.

- I'm not confused about what's going on! Yay! That's one step up from the first book, at least so far.

- So much menstrual blood. I mean, the last book had a lot too, but it somehow slipped my mind. In just these few pages, I think Kessa has had to use at least a couple cotton pads and two or three towels. I get it, she's bleeding. All these mentions make me fret that she's going to bleed to death.

- Favorite characters: Iathor, because he's bound by duty but tries not to be horrible about it, and Keli, because she reminds me of Mrs. Weasley.