LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

No Longer Human, Volume 2
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

It all started with a "stray kitten" email

Non-bookish post coming up:

I've been tying myself in knots for a few days now. A coworker of mine found a friendly kitten, and I've been considering taking him. I've gone as far as looking up my apartment's pet fees and what some of the vet costs would be. I got to meet him today. He was very playful. A little skittish, but whenever I did manage to catch him, neck and shoulder rubs could turn him into purring putty.

So, on the plus side he's a sweetie. On the minus side, my current cat is 4, and the one cat she's met since she became an adult freaked her out so badly she acted like she didn't recognize me for half an hour after the cat left. Also, I suspect the kitten may have ear mites (black crud in both ears, some head shaking).

My cat might react better to a kitten than she did to a cat. The possible ear mite problem worries me, though, because from what I've read it's contagious and would involve treating both the kitten and my cat. That stress, combined with the introduction stress, seems like a bit much to heap on both of them. Right now, I'm leaning more towards letting my coworker give the kitten to the person who offered to make him a country cat. But I'm sad, because he really was a sweetie. :(

Ugh, I hate how much I stress myself out sometimes.