LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened to 2 out of 21 discs.

This Body Of Death - Elizabeth  George, John Lee

This is the 16th Inspector Lynley book, and the first I've ever read or listened to. I'm a little confused about what's going on right now, but I don't think that's the reason why.

Two discs in, and Inspector Lynley has yet to make an appearance. Most of the book so far has been descriptions of the actions of a group of boys just prior to whatever bad event happened. This was briefly interrupted by scenes of a roof thatcher meeting a pretty woman, and another woman attempting to find a friend she hasn't seen in a year in order to mend things between them. I feel like chapters from a couple different books have been shuffled together. I'm assuming eventually all of this will come together and start making sense.

I'm not bored, just a little impatient and not really sure which details are going to turn out to be important. At least the narrator, John Lee, has an enjoyable voice.