LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Jennifer deWinter, Carly A. Kocurek, Anastasia Salter
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 34 out of 341 pages.

Self-Reference ENGINE - Toh Enjoe

Even though I have way too many books going right now, I decided to start this tonight. The table of contents appears to be a map of the connections between the various chapters/stories, and it made me really curious.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew. This book is weird. As far as I can tell, the first story is about the meeting of a man and a woman in a reality where time has been stopped and tangled. You can move forward and backward in time, but only by physically moving in a particular direction. I think. I'm so confused.

The second story is about a girl with a bullet in her head. She was supposedly born with the bullet in her head, and she grew up shooting wildly at anything and everything. The theory is that she was shot by someone in the future, whose bullet moved into her through the past, and she shoots in order to defeat the shooter from the future.

I'm not 100% sure my poor brain will be able to make it through the whole book.