LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Watching a K-drama instead of reading

I can't seem to concentrate on reading right now. Instead, I've been plowing through a K-drama, A Gentleman's Dignity. It's an addictive train wreck. I keep shouting at the characters for making their lives more complicated. Then I come back for more.

The show has:

- Architects (who are actually shown doing their jobs)

- A female pro golfer

- A cheating husband

- An ethics teacher who won't stop lying (although thankfully in episode 9 she finally realizes how many problems her lies are causing)

- Several May-December crushes

- Amnesia

- A possible secret baby

- A mysterious young hottie from Japan

- 41-year-olds acting like teenagers

I'm watching episode 11 now. I'm happy that Se Ra (Female Pro Golfer) turned out to not be terrible, and I'm finally more on board with the romance between Do Jin (Playboy Architect) and Yi Soo (Ethics Teacher). However, I want to throttle Meari (Whiny 24-Year-Old). Your 41-year-old crush just told you that you need to have a life and goals outside of crushing on him, and he has a very valid point. Crying, flailing, and getting drunk will not make anything better, Meari.