LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Samhain Publishing sale and site redesign

I was going to post about a Samhain sale today, since it looked like everything on their site was on sale earlier this morning, possibly in honor of the site redesign. But there was no end date listed, and it appears it was a "until noon-ish only" sale. Or a mistake on someone's part. Dang it, I knew I should have at least bought Rose Lerner's books before leaving for work.

(And also, argh. Samhain, get your act together please. I think you're even confusing your authors right now. A bit embarrassing for the authors who just announced that their stuff was on sale, only for the sale to already be over.)

My first impression of the Samhain site redesign: I like that it puts Samhain's generally pretty covers front and center, and I like that the store is now the site's main page. I also think it's kind of cool that there's an "add series to cart" button on series pages. However, I'm not a fan of the text-less icons at the top (two circles with a heart is "Retro Romance"?). I also don't like that all the wonderful subcategories that used to exist are now hard to find and/or take multiple clicks to get to. If I want the Science Fiction category, I have to click on Romance, then Paranormal & Alternate Worlds, and then Science Fiction. And all of that is located in a tiny, easy-to-miss little area near the top right of the screen. And didn't there used to be a Science Fiction section that wasn't under Romance? Has that been lumped in with Science Fiction Romance now?